Monday, May 08, 2006

Oreo Dust

I'm looking at my fingers and they are covered in black speckles of Oreo dust. If we're going to do the messy hand thing, we might as well go down with the Oreos, right? I just ate a handful of Mini Oreos with a glass of milk in honor of the memory of our nightly ritual. I miss you girls so much!

I feel like such a blog hog, but I really wanted to blog today about what has been happening here. Today was my first day of work at an ad agency. Euro RSCG is my new home from 9-5 on the weekdays and so far it has been great! It is in an old building in downtown Portland -- an open space with unfinished brick walls, hardwood floors, the general industrial feel, and great art, awards, flashing neon lights, and random sculptures adorning the walls, ceilings, and everything inbetween. From what I've seen so far, the people are just as good as the design - some of the most friendly and down-to-earth people I've worked with. I had the lovely surprise of discovering that a lot of the people there are either from Utah or have lived in Utah. Which means many of them are LDS. There are many Cougars among us, which is always comforting. I've been assigned to help out on the Adobe account and the Barclays Global Investment account (with five point something trillion dollars of assets) and I think they will keep me busy. I also learned quite a bit about online advertising today and buying adwords. It's all quite fascinating. There is so much to learn after college. :)

I think I'm close to nailing down my housing in New York - finally! I found someone to live with and I think she'll be a great roommate, but just talking to her on the phone tonight made me miss you guys even more. What am I supposed to do when I haphazardly end up sitting next to he-who-shall-not-be named at FHE? Or I end up giving a ride home to a random strange boy who keeps telling me about the fantasy trilogy he's writing? Who can I tell? Who will understand? I honestly get so sad when I think of coming home to just be... home...with no laughter, no conversation, no quote board, no oreos.

On a happier note, I have a date with Christian on Saturday. Indian food and the symphony.

No comments: