Thursday, May 25, 2006

Adventures of the Day

Today started like any other typical day. I woke up by the light of morning, looked outside, saw the rain, thought about what else I have to wear that is suitable for this weather, and got ready for the day. I hopped in my car, drove into town, and found - for the first time ever - that my favorite parking garage was FULL. Because of this, I had to go to a much more expensive lot a few blocks away and walk the unfamiliar streets on the other side of the Pearl District. I parked my car, got out, and was enjoying the moments of sun as I walked to my office. I got to the corner to cross the street when this man in the car next to me said something out of his passenger window. I, as an innocent citizen of the city assumed he needed directions or help, so I turned, leaned down slightly, and said, "I'm sorry?" Brace yourself for his reply. He said, "You're gorgeous. You have a gorgeous figure." I must have looked very confused as I glanced around to confirm that he was talking to me. Who are these people, honestly?

But I wasn't done. There were more surprises ahead; both of them pleasant ones. As I strolled down 13th Avenue, I noticed a massive piano store for the first time. And then right as I walked into my office, I saw an adorable car calling my name, "Sarah, Sarah! Buy me!" I know, I know - I can't really buy a car now. My goal for now is to sell my car. But you guys, it is so cute. It's a refurbished 1974 BMW 2002. It's boxy. It's sporty. It's bright orange. It's so hipster. It will be mine. I'm meeting with the owner after work to get more details. What I need now is a man who knows cars.

So, after spending my lunchtime playing a nine foot Steinway, I can't say that it's been anything less than an exciting day.

No comments: