Friday, May 12, 2006

Are we living a lie?

Well, I realize that I have been delinquent about posting blogs, but life has been a little crazy lately. I am going to be better, though. I promise. I had a date last Saturday with an engineering student who is currently pursuing a PhD in electrical engineering. I decided against telling my dad about it since the aforementioned boy's major would have thrilled my dad far too much. The date was fun: Chinese food and games. However, that's about it. :) He's a really nice guy, but there was no spark.

Which brings my to my next question: are we living a lie? We had a discussion in English class about the crisis of modernity. Basically, with the onset of disillusionment, people sought for redeeming their life by finding a "true" love. Our teacher told us of a friend who ruined his marriage because he didn't feel that he married his "soul mate." His "soul mate" was a girl he knew in high school apparently. They had an affair. He eventually had a divorce. So are we convinced that love cures our personal problems? Granted Serendipity also made me unfit for marriage, but I don't want to search for something that I feel will "redeem" me. I want to redeem myself first. However, 19 year-old bridal showers should still be outlawed.

Miss you all.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh Jenny, you make me want to be in school again! I wish I could be in an english class discussing the crisis of modernity. Carpe diem! It will be over before you know it...