Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hot or Not? Definitely Not.


After reading one of the white mothers’ most recent posts, I feel obligated to respond to this whole ridiculous situation. In my own defense, I do not feel that three boys’ opinions warrant a conclusion that I am any type of “force to be reckoned with.” Besides the fact, I find it hard to believe that each of those boys construed their views independently, without any sort of influence from a certain aforementioned white mother. Due to these shady and corrupted particulars, I remain dubious about the credibility of the data our white mother has disclosed. This produces further skepticism that causes other questions to surface. How is it possible that these boys can now all of sudden adamantly believe that I am “hot” or “fine” if the entire semester they never acted as if they felt that way? And as that certain white mother will most assuredly reply, “Whitney, he had a girlfriend,” I counter that response by pointing out that there were two other boys that did not. Furthermore, if I am such a perfect woman, why is it that he could not bring himself to break up with his girlfriend in order to date me? These unmistakable concerns illustrate the only logical explanation – HBW is nonexistent. While this character was virtuously created for the purpose to help raise the self-esteem of a fellow white mother, I believe the development of this fictional individual has gone too far. I was fine when HBW remained an underground amusement for our apartment, but once one white mother decided to solicit the help of three unsuspecting boys, it turned into sheer mockery and cruel ridicule. Yes, I am deficient and am in fact as far from being “hot” as you can get, but I do not feel this entitles me to be subject to such humiliation.

Well…I am sick of writing this post. I hope it’s obvious that my bitter tone is only a joke. I really don’t believe HBW exists and am skeptical of those boys’ opinions, but I love how Jenny feels that it is her lot in life to convince me that I am HBW. Unfortunately, I think that is a mission that will remain unfulfilled.

No comments: