Tuesday, May 02, 2006

3 artists, 2 cds, 1 concert

Even though my visit home was meant to be restful, there haven't been five minutes of downtime yet. I woke up at 4:45 this morning, headed for the airport, and finally arrived at home around 7 pm. I jumped in the car with my friend, Mimsi and we headed to Jammin' Java for a great little concert in the smallest venue I've ever been to. I love it when it's so intimate like that. We sat at the front table and just soaked it all in as we absorbed the musical stylings of Landon Pigg, Ki Theory, and Lucas Reynolds (of Blue Merle). Lucas is a funny kid - he couldn't sit still. He's very into his music. While he played "Part of Your History," and "Lucky to Know You," I became very nostalgic. Perhaps my favorite of the night was Landon's "Can't Let Go." I'm sure you can imagine why it felt so relevant. You'll have to check him out.

So, it's midnight and I'm home. And hopefully tomorrow somewhere between the dentist, the haircut, the new guitar strings and the visit to my favorite high school teachers, I'll find some time to start breathing again.

I love you girls!

No comments: