Friday, May 19, 2006

Have I been PASSED on?


I have a date in 55 minutes. I'm not ready yet, and I don't know what I am going to wear. So I'm posting a blog. The whole thing feels a little weird. Why you ask? Well, I think I have been a victim of "The Roommate Switch."

That's right--this mother has a date with the roommate of the electrical engineer. About three nights ago, she picked up her phone to hear the sound of a male voice. This voice proceeded to explain that she and his roommate had been on a date about two weeks ago, and the voice was wondering what the mother was doing on Friday night. At first the white mother was a little shocked. She remembered that the voice had been nice and easy to talk to, but they had met when she was on a date with his roommate. Hmmmmm....

To my fellow white mothers, I have on question: is this normal? I suppose I'll find out in another 50 minutes. Until then, it's back to the closet. Unfortunately, I am not HBW, so deciding on clothes takes much longer.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I do know that you're not alone in your situation. The roommate switch is more common than I think many of us assume. If for nothing else than the failure of the male species to communicate with members of the same species. I find it somewhat amusing. But as a friend once told me, "referrals" (may we add "former investigators") are the best way to find those you'll progress with. Sick, I know.