Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Campus Life

I'm glad to know I'm down. :)

As I arrived ten minutes late for class this morning, I realized that in my earlier years I would have been shocked by my tardy attendance. However, I don't even care now. Aren't all the mothers thrilled to hear about this new leaf I've turned? :) The old biddy has transformed into a school-weary senior--and I am enjoying the metamorphosis. I find myself comtemplating how little work I will have to do to still pass my classes. Surprisingly little. Someone should have filled me in about the slacker track a long time ago.

Everything feels too surreal right now. I drove down from my sister's this morning and haven't been back to the apartment yet. I'm too scared. Isn't that silly? I just don't want to return and find the shell of a place that once provided so much relief from the daily routine. I have to buy books still, and then I'll go "home," and I use the term loosely.

I laughed when I read Whitney's comments about how normal the people were at her "save the world" thing. I found it so amusing because I would have had the same reaction. I find it interesting that seemingly quiet, non-radical girls find so much intrigue in those who are radical and brash (to quote Seth). Do we want to be like them? I don't think so, but something about the personality attracts us. Kind of like my once obsession with skater boys.

For Sarah--I hope all is well in the real world. And I talked to he-who-shall-not-be-named's brother. So I'm a snoop! Anyway, she is not quite a girlfriend...just a girl. They are taking it VERY slowly. I don't know if that helps, but his next comment was, "He needs to figure out where he's going." I tried to pry more, but by that point the brother gathered why I cared.

No comments: