Monday, June 26, 2006

Wow. Here I am sitting in the computer lab in the SWKT after my math class waiting for my religion class to start. I have now been home for 3 full days. As I walk around I can't help continually thinking, "Where am I?" Poor Jenny has had to deal with my readjustment issues. I got back up here on Saturday night, and we talked until like 1:30am, slept for a few hours and then got up for Church. Still not being completely over my jetlag, I went to bed at 7:30 (Jenny insists I was knocked out by the time she got home at 7:45), and slept until my alarm went off at 6:30 for my 8am class. Wow. The funny thing is, I am still looking forward to going to bed again, but I won't allow myself to take naps until I'm completely over my jetlag.
As I was driving from California to Utah on Saturday, I kept looking out the window and thinking how happy I am to be back, but how much I don't want to be here. I keep remembering my friend harassing us for being in class too long and not playing soccer with them, watching World Cup games, hearing the word "tomorrowsday" many times as they practiced their english (which completely makes sense if you think about it). I can't start with my thoughts because they will never end. I just keep thinking about how uncomfortable I am here and how I am worried that I will become comfortable again and forget everything I have learned and become. Anyways, I'll stop boring you with my thoughts.
It has been great to see everyone and catch up. I had to cut off HBW because I had to go somewhere, but then my cell battery is running out and I can't find my charger so I couldn't call back. Sorry HBW! I am excited to catch up with Sarah, and I definitely would love a reunion. You guys are great. My family is amazing. Friends here are so amazing. But that doesn't keep my from missing Africa. Oh well, I must move myself off to my religion class now. Love you all!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Jo! Call me when your cell is charged! I can't wait to catch up!