Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Bitter and the Sweet


I'm done. I just finished my last final, and I realized that I am now done with the "BYU experience." As I walked out, I contemplated the next phase of my life, and I realized that I am still very unsure about things. I'm still trying to figure out what it means that I no longer have to check out a book from the BYU library, I don't have to write any more papers, I don't have to worry about grades... I am a college graduate. Being a college student provides you with a nice little bubble--you know what you are going to do every day. Although I know that I am going to work until August, I don't know what is going to happen after that. Where will I end up? All of that is still an unknown. However, I have decided that I have been too nostalgic about graduating. It happens. You move on, find a job, and live somewhere else. People do it every year. I just never thought about me as one of them.

No comments: