Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What to do?

Do you ever wonder why we wanted so badly to preserve our agency? Sometimes I do. While I generally feel grateful for the gift of choice, there are other times (like right now) when I would love for someone to just tell me what to do. Just make the choice for me. Take it out of my hands and leave me with the consequences. Maybe I should be thankful if that's the case because it means I don’t see a lot of harm in any of the options before me. Really though, what it comes down to is that I don't just want someone to tell me what to do. I want somebody to beg me to stay as they profess their undying love for me. I want somebody to share the rest of my life, share my innermost thoughts, know my intimate details... Someone who'll stand by my side and give me support, and in return he’ll get my support. He will listen to me when I want to speak about the world we live in and life in general. What can I say? At least Depeche Mode understands me...

No comments: