Monday, July 03, 2006

September Grass


So...pretty much...this James Taylor song is the hottest song ever. I never can get enough of it. It's so great. I mean...let's be honest...it doesn't get much better than sultry phrases like, "So I'll be king and you'll be queen, Our kingdom's gonna be this little patch of green," "Oh, September grass is the sweetest kind, It goes down easy like apple wine," or "We're so small and the world's so vast, We found each other down in the grass." Those lines are all my favorite because...well...they're just hot. And let's not forget the sensual allusion to grass stains (yeah...we all know what he's talking about. Those definitely aren't the kind of grass stains we got when we were kids playing soccer on a Saturday afternoon...ha ha).

I made the mistake of sharing my love for this song with my little sister. Let's just say that she didn't quite understand my fascination with James' seductive syntax. Instead of concordance, I got a skeptical glare that screamed "yuck!" I guess I should have expected pure disgust from a fifteen-year-old, but it made me miss my other white mothers, who I know would have agreed with me.

But seriously...it is a hot song, don't you think?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Pretty much the hottest song ever Whitney! I love that you understand the amazingness of this song. Miss you!

Sarah said...

Aboslutely. I am in complete agreement. The song is amazingly hot. Better than any other current love song.