Wednesday, July 26, 2006

bold enough to take you on

I wish you girls could have been with me on Saturday night as Damien Rice crooned into the salty coastal air. His set was riddled with songs I've never heard, and one in particular I know you'll all be crazy about when it finally comes out. Of course it sounds much better with Damien's heartbreaking emotion behind it, but here are some of the lyrics to pour over until the album's December-ish release:

Do you come together ever with him? Is he dark enough? Enough to see your light? Do you brush your teeth before you kiss? Do you miss my smell? And is he bold enough to take you on? Do you feel like you belong? And does he drive you wild? Or just mildly free? What about me? Well I know I make you cry And I know sometimes you wanna die But do you really feel alive without me?
If so, be free
If not, leave him for me

1 comment: