Monday, August 21, 2006

The "Chunk" is "In"

The other morning as I was leaving for work, my older sister (who is visiting right now with her two kids) enlightened me with some very interesting information. She said, "So Whitney, apparently the 'chunk' is 'in'..." The chunk is in? I had no idea what she was talking about, so she explained. The new scoop in Hollywood is that the metrosexual is out, and the "retrosexual" is in - a.k.a. "the chunk." I was so intrigued and so she continued. It is not in fashion anymore to be with guys who spend more time on their hair than you do. Instead, women want men who don't have the washboard stomach but the...well...chunk. She was excited about this news release since she has always been attracted to umm...let's just say pudgier guys. I stated that I don't know if I am as attracted when the guys fall into the pudgy category, but I am all about the chunk. This one article I read perfectly described the metro and the retro, and I found that I agreed with a lot of what it said. No woman wants some wussy boy who gets rid of more body hair than you do and isn't ever interested in watching a good sports game every once and a while. At least I don't. I want a man, but not just any man - a manly man. A man that will give you a "hot, sweaty kiss" when he's covered in grease from working on the car. And as for the chunk...well...I do find it endearing. Here is the example of the retrosexual that I found most attractive:

I don't know if all the other white mothers will agree with me on this issue, but I know at least one other white mother that will definitely agree. Let's face it girls...the chunk can be hot.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you sure this dude hasn't spent a few hours on his hair??

Whitney said...

No way...it looks kind of greasy...that look does not come from spending hours on your hair. You can tell when the boys spend time on their hair, and he definitely hasn't...

Joanna said...

i agree with whitney. at least i would like to think that he doesn't spend that much time. i really don't think he's chunky, though, and i have to admit that i do like that. i think we all would agree that we don't want a guy that spends more time on clothes and getting ready than we do. one more time, i do have to say that i am particularly fond of luke wilson.