Monday, April 07, 2008

My Turn...

Okay, so I started writing a comment to Jenny's post and it was getting so long that I figured I should just write an actual post myself! Here goes:

1. Jen - I read somewhere that headaches that last more than a day (or for multiple days) are generally considered migraines. I'm so sorry! Usually when I get one of my headaches (they are actually worse now when I get them), I feel nauseated and at the same time I just want to rip my head open because I feel like my brain is swelling and needs more space. Isn't that a lovely picture? I have figured out that if I take an Exedrin Migraine and go lie down in a dark room, the pain usually subsides enough after about 30 minutes to an hour that I can function normally. Good luck with that!

2. I had my long interview for the job with the AHA last week. It went pretty well, and now we are moving on to the process of checking my references. If all goes well with my references, rumor is that I will get a formal offer from HR pretty quickly. Seeing as how the whole process is taking an extremely long time, I'm not so sure what pretty quickly means anymore!

3. I recently moved rooms in my parents' house. Jenny is probably the only one who will know what I am talking about, but I painted the room by the top of the stairs (where you stayed when you were here) and have now moved in! Pros: More closet and storage space so that my stuff isn't spread all across multiple rooms upstairs. Cons: Noisier and closer to people barging in. Not to mention that the dog has now become really attached to me since I have been home a lot and scratches and whines at the door every time it is closed!

4. Um, I'm not sure there is a 4. Just a few random comments. Jen: Congratulations on using "bevy" in passing. I am sure the other person was suitably impressed and I wish I had been there! Also, as far as airlines go, you would probably be pretty safe (and it is cheaper) if you wanted to book your tickets with JetBlue and come into the Long Beach Airport. Although, it is a longer drive...it's really up to you. You might want to hold off for a while as well until I can figure out how things will be at work, etc. for scheduling. Sarah: Yay! I can't believe you are so soon to be married! Luckily, I am hoping that I will get this job in time so that everything works for paying for the trip up there. I am full of plans for girls' night! Whitney: You are invited to a girls' night with Sarah on Wednesday before her wedding. I thought it would be fun for the four of us to hang out. If things are crazy for you, maybe you could just make time to come to dinner? We'll see. I have a future post planned with all of my plans for that evening (and they will be great). Haha.

Love you all!

No comments: