Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Delicious Autumn!

Yay! I came back from Arizona for Halloween and finally feel like autumn has arrived. This is my ultimate favorite season. I mean, you can even SMELL it. What other season smells like autumn? None. My favorite months of the year are from September-December, hands down. Not only that, but my favorite part about autumn are the hours of 4-7pm. Just when the sun goes down and that crisp excitement fills the air. Here's a picture from my window of the house and trees across the street at about 5pm:


Before leaving for Arizona, the smoke was too thick to really feel the season, but now it is great - the days are in the 60s and 70s with that perfect crispness in the air. I found an amazing quote that pretty much sums it up for me:

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot

Yup, that's how I feel. Other than that, things kind of stink as I still haven't found a job. I'm back on track and applying to some more, but it is definitely frustrating. Tomorrow I have a goal to go and try to find a holiday job. I've really been missing everybody lately. I just feel so out of place in life, but I'll get over it, right? Hope so! It's nice to be with the family and I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.

For once I feel like I am pretty caught up with all of my white mothers, so that makes everything much nicer! I do miss you all and hope that you are getting over illnesses and enjoying my favorite season of the year. Oh, and now that I have my own room, Jenny and Whitney will both laugh to know that the window is open 24/7 and I lay in bed at night under all of my blankets breathing in that beautiful cold autumn air without having to worry about freezing out any roomates! Love you all!


1 comment:

J-E said...

You'd be proud to know that I keep a fan on in my room. It gets so hot!