Friday, February 08, 2008

not too heavy, not too fluffy, not too disney, please

Planning a wedding is a combination of fun and frustrating and overwhelming. Part of me wants to do everything to make it just *perfect* and part of me just wants to throw my hands up and do it next month without any planning.

The challenge of the past two weeks has been the dress... Ah, the dress. It's one of the few elements, in my opinion, that needs to be just right. I've even surprised myself with how much I've known about exactly what I want in this area. But there's one small problem: it doesn't exist. All along, I've thought that it wouldn't be a problem because my sister's amazing wedding dress maker would help me create the perfect gown. Well, after two weeks of trying, I finally got in touch with her. I just got off the phone with her and she's not taking dress orders until July. :( Maybe I'll just order a dress from JCrew and add sleeves myself.

Boo.

1 comment:

J-E said...

I completely understand! I actually gave up entirely and decided that I wasn't going to get a dress. And I understand the "perfect" notion. I think I settled for the middle road. I worked as hard to make it perfect, but there were some things that I just decided weren't worth the trouble. Everyone has different ideas of what that is. Good luck with the dress. I would love to help sometime. :)