Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Food - The Ties That Bind

So, as we were eating breakfast this morning for the second time in 8 hours, I began to ponder about the connection between the Four White Mothers and food. Really, our whole year and semester has revolved around food. Do we have a relationship with each other that is separate from oreos, breakfasts, Cadbury mini eggs, ummmmm...(I am trying to think of something healthy to insert here)...oranges? We all like the oranges, but we haven't really made eating them a bonding experience. I will say, though, that my new love for oranges makes me feel very connected to Whitney in a deeper, more acceptance-of-messy-hands kind of way. As I remember our conversations over oreos of the boys that we like, date (some of us!), and avoid dating (I hate my life!), I begin to feel a slight case of nostalgia for the way things were. Really, will there ever again be an oreo night to compare with those of the past?

No comments: