Thursday, October 29, 2009

SO BORED

So I just finished a long night of parent teacher conferences...usually this should warrant some sort of celebration, right? I came home only to find an empty apartment...lame. Jeff won't be back until Saturday and I am already so bored and thinking about the four white mothers. Although I was excited when Jeff suggested some trips to visit some certain white mothers. Maybe. Hopefully. Unfortunately, we are in that same "poor" phase in life. I told Jeff I can't even remember the last time I went shopping and bought something. I'm pretty sure it was six months ago...yep. I'm positive actually. We just end up looking like scrubs and eating a lot of potatoes, ha ha ha. Okay, so maybe we eat more than potatoes, but didn't you just feel so sad for us when I said that? Don't you see those couples that get to travel all over the place, and they wear stylish clothes, and they have nice shoes, and they eat out everywhere, and they do tons of expensive things and wonder how the heck are they doing that? I just say that they have tons of debt and are living way beyond their means. It makes me feel better as I sit in our apartment in the same clothes I wore as a freshman at the Y and dreaming about future trips to Rome. And if we lived beyond our means, I'd be in NYC right now doing tons of fun stuff with Jeff and wearing super cute clothes. But it's not worth it, right? And we'll be stronger people when it's all over, right? Just like in those stories?

2 comments:

J-E said...

I'll let you know when grad school is over. :) I'm sure that it's character building, but I do miss shopping. (That sounds so shallow when I actually say it/type it.) I remember when we were doing the grad school visits, and I wanted to go to every school-- work and budgets always got in the way.

PS - The blog is back! To every four white mother--I think we should all pledge to write AT LEAST one post a month. I miss hearing from you all, and one post won't kill anyone.

Sarah said...

I'm convinced that feelings of poverty will never go away. I'm sure by the time there is any money to spend there will be piano lessons and soccer uniforms and school pictures to pay for. And retirement to save for and the mortgage to pay down.

I don't think I've bought any clothes since I got married. Seriously. Except that shirt at H&M.

Also, hooray for potatoes (and rice and beans). Oh well, Dave Ramsey always says you have to live like no one else (maybe not so great now), so later you can live like no one else(hopefully way better than all of them in their chains of debt).

I second the "once a month" post. In fact, I think I may post now.