Tuesday, January 02, 2007

If I Could Talk I Would Tell You

Can I just say I can't believe it's 2007?! Honestly, I think that each year passes more quickly. While I certainly can't complain about my experiences in 2006, I am uncertain that they prepared me for a future of settling down in any way. It's probably common to be a little anxious about choosing where to live and deciding which career path to follow, but I think that living in four places in twelve months has plagued me with a whole new set of anxieties about living somewhere, or doing something for more than a semester's worth of time.

Last night I had a dream that I got married to someone that I met less than 24 hours before the wedding. It wasn't until the ceremony was half over that I realized that I would never find happiness in the relationship, which left me sobbing, quite upset at my spouse (who only bothered to show up to the ceremony in a black t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops), and asking for an annulment. I can't help but think that this is only a reflection of my apprehension about committing myself to an employer. Sadly I have gotten so accustomed to short-term gigs that one of the only constants in my life anymore is the light at the end of every tunnel.

Happy New Year!

No comments: