Wednesday, November 08, 2006

ON THIS DAY...(PART II)


So, since Sarah was so sweet as to let us know what happened on this day in history, I thought I would add my own little play-by-play. On this day, November 8, 2006, I got up and went to the dentist. Once at the dentist, I received the joyful news that I needed ANOTHER root canal! Apparently the filling that I got a week ago was too deep and was touching the nerve, which has been the reason for all of the pain I had been experiencing up to this point. At this point, I was really feeling that I should just do these things myself, since the problem apparently wasn't being taken care of (hence, the kit above). I also had the opportunity to see a lot of x-rays and feel a lot of digging around in my teeth.

After leaving the office with the numbness wearing off into pain, the assistant said, so sweetly, "I hope we got the right tooth so that you don't have any more of that pain!" Well, thanks for the optimism! I am being unnecessarily rude; the assistant really was nice during the whole ordeal.
So, the plan for my GRE tomorrow is to sit in a room (like the one shown, but with computers and not so many males), and hopefully not feel ANYTHING coming from my mouth. Oh well, I can always take it again, right?

Luckily, even though I am not attending classes again today to my own detriment, I am excited for my birthday "event" tonight. Apparently, it is the first-ever BYU spelling bee. Jenny is taking me for my birthday. Does it get any better than that? I don't think so! I do have to say, though, that things really are going fairly well. I can't believe I am 25! When did that happen? Watch out - it just sneaks up on you! I love you girls!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Jo - where did you get such great pics?! I love the last one with its very lichtenstein feel. I hope you had fun at the spelling bee!