Friday, November 03, 2006

Call me the rubberband...


...that lost its elasticity for a bit. However, after fierce reprimands from Joanna about not being a diligent ex-roomie, I am sacrificing lunch with the faculty to post a blog. "I assure you the pain is not acute." I'd rather write anyway. So far life is good. My students are well-behaved today, which is quite the departure from yesterday. I was dealing with a pack of howler monkeys. At one point I debated leaving the room, so I could just breathe and not scream. I didn't scream, but I stood there for about thirty seconds, collecting my dignity before I actually just started to laugh. That freaked them out even more, and they started laughing too. It seemed to help the mood quite a bit.

On the non-teaching side of things, I want to concur with Jo-Bo by saying that HBW is the dating machine we all knew she would be. Honestly. She can not even REMOTELY deny it anymore, and there are two witnesses to prove it. She's hot. We all knew that. As for me, the tall young man is great. However, I refuse to publish things like this over the internet, so ask me in person for details.

Jo and I can't wait for December when we can all be reunited. By the way, when do you get home, Sarita? We are trying to plan out amazing slumber party, complete with Oreos, milk, movies, and laughter. (That just sounded like the back of some really lame/cheesy book.) The sentiment is sincere. And I do miss the Oreos...

No comments: