Monday, September 11, 2006

fall, my favorite

Isn't fall such a fabulous season? Every time it comes around I am reminded of why it's my favorite (though spring is a close second). I don't know what it is, but something about fall makes me want to wear wool, write on some bright orange stationary, collect leaves, puddle jump, bake pumpkin spice bread or a rustic apple tart, plant some mums, go on a hike, carve a pumpkin, and make chai tea, just for the spicy smell of it. Although summer is traditionally the season for lovin, I really think it's a much more romantic ideal to fall in love in the fall. If I haven't convinced you of fall's greatness, all I can say is go outside and soak it all in for yourself. Or do a few things on my list. Then you'll love fall too.

It was so good to talk with all of you last night, even though our time was way too short. You all have got to get Skype, or get a friend who has it, so we can talk. Even a calling card is way too expensive, since I only have a cell phone here. My mom paid $20 for 83 minutes yesterday. Yeesh. But I'm really feeling the distance and I don't think I'll survive without some communication with my dearest of four white mothers.

So, as I'm sure Jo informed the rest of you, we have a "situation" here across the pond. Really though, any thoughts? If things go where they look like they are going, this could be a long and lonely few months.

I've decided that I need to dedicate myself to something while I'm here so I can feel like I accomplished more at the end of 4 months that merely living and in a foreign country and traveling around a bit. So I've decided to start training for a half marathon. Thanks to nikerunning.com I have a great place plan daily workouts and track my progress to get down to a specific time for the race. I don't really know which race that will be -- I have a feeling that for some reason January is not the best month for finding a half-marathon to run. But I'm excited to have something to work towards and do with my free-time in the evenings.

If you haven't noticed, my blog is in pretty poor shape as far as updates go. As soon as the internet gets installed in my apartment I'll be all over it. I've got lots of photos to post!

I love you girls!

No comments: