Saturday, January 23, 2010

When Plans Just Don't Do It...

I really can't believe how long it's been since I even blogged anything. It makes me chuckle to look at our posts from the end of last year and resolutions to blog once a month. I say forget promises. Just blog when you want to. Doesn't have to be more than a couple of words. Put something up that you thought was funny on youtube, whatever!

Anyway, a ward trip to Big Bear got cancelled for this weekend due to weather and so I have a little time on my hands. The problem with time on my hands is that then I get restless and dissatisfied. So, I thought, why not blog and get my mind off of things?

Pretty much the life plan right now is to plan on going back to school in Fall 2011. That gives me time to re-take the GRE (with a very overpriced prep class), and actually spend time on as wel as save money for applications. The problem with this is that I get really tense thinking about surviving another year in a pretty stressful, undervalued job. And staying put for another year and a half. I can't even think about other people with my dream job because then I start to dream and get really impatient to be doing something else when what I really need to do is get my MA.

So, that's pretty much where I am right now. That means another 1.5 years living at home so that I can hopefully pay off some debt and maybe save a little bit of money. Not so easy when I'm already pretty much the oldest person in my ward and all I want to do is move out and feel like I am an adult instead of still living at home. No matter what, I MUST be moved out before my 30th birthday! So, besides that, I've been having some weird health issues with my stomach that I am trying to work out with a doctor. I'm also trying to suppress my impulse to run away and travel (for lack of funds).

Hope you are all doing well! Can you believe that one of us 4WMs really is going to be a mother soon? Crazy! Things always work out so differently than we sometimes think (well, maybe except for Jenny - haha!). Love you all!

As a random side note, if you want to see some pics from my Heart Walk last September, click here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Jo! Lots of exciting plans. I'm excited to see where you end up going to school. I have wondered a lot in the past few weeks if I should have just started going to school this past fall...

Also, I hope all is well with the stomach issues. That's no fun at all! Do they know what it is? Gastriche? :P

Joanna said...

Haha - gastriche. I love it. No, they think it might be a hiatal hernia, which, apparently, is when your stomach starts to come up into your esophagus. A lot of stomach and chest pain involved. Sigh. Hopefully we will work it out soon. :)

Whitney said...

Yikes! That's scary...I'm excited to know where you will be for school too! A year and a half will fly by. I kept thinking at the beginning of this year that a year longer in Provo was going to be too long, but it's flown by. Luckily you've got a job that keeps you busy, so it really will fly by.

J-E said...

I don't have anything intelligent to say...but I was sooooo happy to see new postings. I've been composing a new post in my head for about two weeks now. I will have to get on that this week. So good to hear from everyone.

Katydid said...

Hey, Jo--can't wait to hear where you go. Hard to stay at home and hope health issues can be solved. (Paul has the same problem.)