Thursday, January 08, 2009

getting away

Hello!

So, the blogging has significantly slowed down, no? I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and wonderful New Year. Spencer and I were both able to spend some significant time away from the office, which was a fantastic break and good way to gear up for the next four months of being a widow (busy season). To dispell some of my potential loneliness, I've decided to enrich myself by taking a class: How to Make an Adirondack Chair. No, I'm not kidding, and yes, that is actually the name of the class. I'm really excited! I hope to make two chairs to inspire some porch sitting in the years to come. Or perhaps to inspire buying a house with a porch for sitting.

In other news, I'm trying to plan a big trip to Europe but it's a big task! It was so much easier to plan weekend excursions to a single destination when I actually lived in Brussels. Sadly, I think my four months there, all travel included, will cost less than the two week vacation we're planning. Maybe we'll move back to Brussels?

Anyway, I'm dying to know what's happening with everyone. Please give me the scoop, the poop, the update, the 411, whatev. Please. Love to you all.

1 comment:

J-E said...

Well said! I have been sensing a lack from the direction of my other mothers, and I've been meaning to post for quite some time now. I just haven't gotten around to it. But I will...perhaps in a day or two. It's the end of the term, and my heading is hurting from grading. Blah.